- @JimCallender The sophistication keeps evolving 1 month ago
- @Jonwestenberg Like buying a gym membership & a pair of skinny jeans. If you don't use the membership you won't fit into the skinny jeans. 1 month ago
- @SeniorGatsby Western Conf: 1. GSW 2. TWolves 3. Houston 4. Spurs 5. OKC 1 month ago
- @SeniorGatsby Here comes the TWolves!! 1 month ago
- This should be a fun season. 😟 twitter.com/KCJHoop/status… 1 month ago
Tag Archives: Networking
The first time I went to Julius Meinl was about three years ago. It has been a while, but like a fine wine this place continues to get better. Not much has changed, at least anything I can remember. The service … Continue reading
Fear Experiment Are you looking to: – immerse yourself in an uber-supportive community of positive people? – challenge yourself? – learn a new skill? – be a rockstar? – have an experience of a lifetime? Then Fear Experiment is for … Continue reading
I am a mobile professional. My office is in Palatine. I live in Wicker Park. In the city is where I conduct most of my business. For the past couple of months, I have had discussions with entrepreneurs, salespeople, business … Continue reading
How many clients do you rank as your “A” clients? Are they throwing you so many unsolicited introductions, you don’t know what to do? It’s all about giving to give.
In the video, you’ll find out some useful tips. From creating a file, based on the MacKay 66, to sending cards on holiday’s that most people do not send cards, like Thanksgiving or the Fourth of July (get ready). The more you service your client the better. Solidify the foundation of the relationship and start to build your skyscraper. It starts with trust and communication. There is no reason you cannot call all of your clients once a month to just say, hello.
Start today and get quality introductions like never before.
Throughout the week we have been in very different circumstances. What we have found to be a useful tip to everyone who is marketing themselves and Networking is this…practice the “Give First Mentality”. Continue reading